Museum Home
Advanced Search

Tempe Center parking lot facing south

Object Name: Print, photographic
Date: c. 1956
Dimensions:
8 x 10 in. (20.3 x 25.4 cm)
Medium: Paper
Catalog number: 2004.45.4
DescriptionPhotograph of Tempe Center parking lot. View is looking toward the south where the El Rancho market and other stores were located. Center location was Mill & Southern.
ProvenanceFrom a collection of photographs donated by Patricia Wright. The donor's father was William (Bill) Hurlburt Wood. Bill Wood started the Pioneer Camera Shop in 1951, located in Tempe originally at 51/2 E. 5th Street. It later moved to Tempe Center, and was sold in 1961.
Many of the photographs in the collection were taken by Wood. They for the most part date to the years that he owned the camera shop, from 1951 - 1961.

Tempe History Museum, 809 East Southern Avenue, Tempe, AZ 85282 | (480) 350-5100 | Contact Us | City of Tempe
Disclaimer: All Images and Information provided in this website © 2016 City of Tempe, AZ. All Rights Reserved. Powered by eMuseum.